Thursday, May 03, 2007

A great year with the Cayman S

I may have been too busy to blog this past year, but I was not too busy to have some great fun with the Cayman S.

Soon after purchasing the car I took it to the local race tracks and as expected, loved it. So, in went the rollbar, racing seats and harnesses.



During the year, the Cayman and I visited Pacific Raceways, Portland International Raceway, Thunderhill Raceway and Laguna Seca and enjoyed every mile, including the 2000 mile roundtrip of freeway driving to Laguna Seca and back to Seattle.


Here is a shot of us at Laguna Seca's famous Corksrew.

Here is Windows Movie in-car footage from Laguna Seca

This is the second time I've made the journey to Laguna Seca; last time was in late 2003 in a Speed Yellow Boxster S. Coinsidence? I think not :)

I sold the Cayman S a couple of months ago, almost a year to the day that I bought it. What a great car! But, a bit too perfect. Not boring, but not exciting either. The Elise is a much more fun track car. More on that later.

No comments: