Sunday, April 20, 2008

Goodbye Cobra

Well, it's been a year and 4 months of ownership, but it is time to say goodbye to the Cobra...

We had a 3-day track weekend at Thunderhill a few weeks ago and when I got home, I had convertible on my brain and bought a 2006 Porsche Boxster S! So, it was time to sell something to make room in the garage and the Cobra was the only choice given the Lotus Elise is still in Houston waiting for its new motor and the Porsche Turbo is also without a motor. Plus, I simply wouldn't sell either of them!

It took about a day to find a new owner! He is a big SVT Cobra enthusiast so the car is going to a very good home. His dad has a Cobra himself; how cool is that!

This Boxster S is my second; I had a 2000 Boxster S for almost 2 years from 2002 to late 2003 and loved that car. Apparently I liked it enough to want another :) It will be doing track duty until either the Turbo or Elise returns; I'm betting on the Turbo.

Here is a parting photo of the Cobra at the recent trip to Thunderhill:

MF1A3252

1 comment:

Bill Weinberger said...

You once told me you didn't like convertibles! Welcome back to the Boxster club.