Thursday, August 30, 2007

Cobra Suspension Test

The suspension upgrades from Maximum Motorsports got a nice workout on Aug 20th at Pacific Raceways. The forecast called for rain so I didn't expect to excercise the suspension much, but it turned out to be a mostly dry day.

I'm very happy with the results; there is much less body motion and the -3.6 degrees of camber in the front really helps with the understeer and tire wear is much more even (instead of wearing out the outside edges).

Here is a 10 minute video from that day; I had a little fun by adding some of the common thoughts that go through my mind as I'm driving.



Next week I'm taking the Cobra to Sears Point (Infineon) Raceway. I'm very excited because I've never driven at this track! It's about a 1000 mile drive from Seattle; I'll be towing it on my trailer.

Here is the track:


View Larger Map

Here is my travel route from Seattle to Sonoma:


View Larger Map

No comments: